University of Edinburgh Business School
The Circular Economy Challenge
February 8, 2016
0

Submit your application for the Circular Economy Challenge – an exciting collaboration between the Business School and the College of Art.

The Sustainable Business Initiative at the Business School are collaborating with the Edinburgh College of Art and the Social Responsibility and Sustainability Department to host the exciting Circular Economy Challenge which open to all University of Edinburgh students who are passionate about the sustainable development of our University, City, Country and Globe.

Students will be presented on the day with an exciting and topical ‘Circular Economy Challenge Question’ and will have a three-hour workshop to brainstorm, design, produce and present their ideas to leading University and industry Circular Economy experts.

The winning team can look forward to a great prize that you do not want to miss out on.

We welcome students from all backgrounds and would love to see attendees interested in design, business, the environment, technology, art, finance, sustainability, biology, development and policy.

Register your application to attend

What the participants are saying

“The Circular Economy workshop during Innovative Learning Week 2016 was incredibly useful to gain a better understanding of what a circular economy is in today’s society. I brought forward my opinions of what I understood it to be, where companies and organisation depend on each other, each benefiting from the relationship, and these were built upon with the input from other participants and the organisers. We were encouraged to find a solution to the gaps in a circular economy in terms of food or material waste or the transport industry within Edinburgh.

It was a great opportunity to meet others outside of my area of study. I was working with a sustainability specialist from the business school in my workshop and it was fascinating to look at a social or cultural problem from his perspective, instead of a purely design-led thinking process. I also explained to him how we in the design school would usually go about solving a problem: by looking at all of the information and gaining as much research as possible, before narrowing down on the exact specifics of the root of the problem. This led to a more rounded approach and practical response. An enjoyable experience and one I would recommend to others!”

Joanna Spreadbury, University of Edinburgh Student